This time on the NAS 10 Questions, we get to know Senti-Ente. An anonymous artist who dons a mask and cape,receives inspiration from the rhythm of Huayno and the healing power of music itself. He can often be found near his home in Chilean Patagonia, playing guitar while lying on the ground, contemplating the sky and delving into his own self-discovery.
The track "Viento Austral" is featured in the New Artist Spotlight Family of Playlists.
Link To New Artist Spotlight Playlists:
1. Tell us a little about where you are from and what you are currently doing.
I am from Chile, a country in South America. Currently, I am working as a teacher in a small town in Patagonia.
2. What inspired you to start playing and making music?
At primary school, I really liked when in our grade we all learned to play "recorder". In secondary school a classmate taught me how to play a couple of chords on guitar, but unfortunately around a year later a thief robbed my guitar and I stopped playing. Several years from that point, in a meeting I listen a charming Andean song and I bought a guitar to play that song and played once in a while simple songs and tried to make simple song without good results. A couple years ago a good friend committed suicide, I was very sad, and making songs helped me to release my sorrow.
𝟯. Who are your biggest influences?
To me the word "influences" has the meaning of "which known songs are similar to your own songs" and I have to say that I have no idea how to answer that, I am not trying to sound similar to any artist. If you ask me what kind of music do you like more, it is folk music from South America.
4. What are your goals in the music industry?
I just want to share my songs, and spread them as far as possible, but As a person I want to remain anonymous because of that I use the artist name "Senti-Ente" and not my real name.
5. Tell us about your creative process when you make new music.
I just look for a comfortable place to play guitar and start to think about what I am feeling at that moment and play to feel a melody that match that feeling, when I think it is a good melody I write it on tablature, then keep playing until discovering something new on the same melody, for example the lyric, then I wrote it on a score to start developing the song.
6. What is your all-time favorite song?
I do not have a "all-time" favorite song there are different songs that remind me of things from the past, like childhood.
7. What is the best advice you have either given or received in terms of music?
You can do it, just try and try again. Do not listen to bad or good comments, just listen to what you are feeling doing music, that is the way.
The musical technical knowledge gained through history can be very useful to inspire you, to develop musical ideas, but it is not a law, it is not a mold that sets limits, but rather a tool that facilitates many things.
8. Proudest accomplishment?
There are three things that I am proud of today, I will make a list to order:
1) the most important thing is to dare to sing.
2) learning to write scores has been fundamental, this has helped me in the development of songs and has allowed me to work with professional musicians for musical arrangements. In addition, the score has allowed me to play with virtual instruments, opening up many alternatives to create controlled and non-random sounds.
3) published my first song "Pensamientos Fulminantes", it is dedicated to my friend who committed suicide and it was the song with which I started this path.
9. Just for fun! What's been your most embarrassing moment so far?
I have many embarrassing moments, but i do no like to talk about them, I tell you just a short one... When I was around 20, I used to have long hair and a beard, one day I was walking and I passed a woman and she started to call "miss, miss, hey miss"... I turned around and she said "I am sorry... I... I..." she was in shock... and me too.
𝟭0. Tell us about your lowest and highest points in music so far.
I am new as a "musician", I think my lower points are two: 1) For me it is hard to sing in tune. 2) Music theory.
I have worked hard to improve both issues, anyway, music is free...
Stream "Viento Austral" now
and follow their socials
Please share this post and let us know your thoughts in the comments below!